Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Matthew 11-12

Today was a wonderful day, but I didn't get to start it in the Word. I read the first part of Matthew 11 last night and finished off the 2 chapters tonight reading my boys the Word before they went to bed.

Today I was reminded that Jesus asks us to come to Him. He tells us we will only know the Father through Him. There was the tough reminder: if we are not for Jesus then we are against Him.

I was convicted in the area of my words...

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

May the words I choose to speak show the character of a woman after God's own heart. Tonight I pray for this.

Then of course how could I not comment on the scripture at the end of chapter 12 where Jesus tells us that his mother, brothers and sisters are those who do the will of His Father in heaven. Doing God's will came up in yesterdays scriptures too. We must remember how important it is to be in the will of God. We must not take for granted our choices.

God write Your Word on my heart. Let me be disciplined enough to set aside time daily in your Word. Help me to make you ALWAYS my first priority. Thank you for your abundance of blessing in my life. You truly deserve all the glory. I am so unworthy.

No comments: